- Kharma is receiving very positive reviews within the company, though with Alicia Fox's injury, some people are saying she's a bit too stiff. [Insert "stiff" joke about Alicia Fox ;)...come on, I had to]
- WWE officials are utterly shocked at the response to Orton beating Christian for the title. Apparently, they didn't think there would be any backlash against Orton. Now, as I said, I'm more of a fan of Orton than Christian but I wish they'd have booked this differently - but is this story more telling than it seems? Is this exemplary of a problem in WWE where, similar to the John Cena situation, the bigger issue is that they're just out of connection with their fans and aren't listening? If WWE is in their own little world where they think John Cena's going to suddenly start winning the fans that hate him back, and that since they're fond of Orton over Christian that they think everyone else is as well, then that would explain why they continue to do things that fans don't seem to like.
- John Morrison is going to be out for quite a while after needing neck surgery. I for one think this sucks. I'm pro-JoMo and I was hoping that he would finally start breaking out as a top face on Raw with this title match, the Edge replacement concept, and the R-Truth angle, but it seems like there's yet another fork in the road. Naturally, I wish Morrison a quick and full recovery and hope it isn't too serious so he can come back and start wowing us again.
- Briley Pierce - Ryan Nemeth's FCW name. Jeez...they're so obsessed with owning the name rights that they make everyone sound so stupid.
- CM Punk is still rumored to be taking some time off. If Punk and Morrison are out, HHH still not on the card, Undertaker essentially being just a part time act for WrestleMania now, Mysterio always complaining about leaving, Edge having just retired....man....WWE really needs to stop dragging out these "future of the WWE" pushes and get the ball rolling.
- The Rock is penciled in for SummerSlam and Survivor Series appearances. That's how it should be. They can't have this angle survive if he only shows up the next time 9 months down the road.
- It looks like Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder are back together as a tag team. I hope this doesn't lead to Ryder dropping his current gimmick as I think his YouTube videos are funny and he's getting over with the crowd more and more.
- Is The Pope calling it quits? It would appear so...at least according to his Twitter account. Then again, maybe Kurt Angle hacked it, right?
Tony Mango is the head writer, host of Smack Talk, and founder/CEO/director of operations for Smark Out Moment as well as all branches under A Mango Tree including Fanboys Anonymous. He is a writer, creative director/consultant, media manager and entertainer. You can follow him on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.