What's been going on this week in the world of professional wrestling? It's time to break it down in the latest edition of SMACK TALK, my wrestling podcast and the quick notes below. Make sure to subscribe, comment on the videos and this post, and let us know your thoughts.
Watch each part below:
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4
- I'm now writing for Bleacher Report as well. You can check out my profile here and make sure you go to my first post about the pros and cons of Ryback and John Cena against CM Punk at Hell in a Cell.
- Don't forget to vote on the latest group of matches for the Best WWE Champ Ever tournament!
- One of the top talents told Vince McMahon that he's out of the loop and responsible for the bad product in WWE nowadays. I'm suspicious of Randy Orton for that, but so far no solid info has been leaked about it.
- Vince released Brian Gewirtz, one of the chief people in WWE Creative, and is apparently looking to see results from everyone else with their jobs on the line as well.
- Ryback's new nickname is Big Hungry. Makes sense.
- Tammy Sytch, aka Sunny, was arrested yet again. I guess that stint in rehab did nothing.
- Kofi Kingston and R-Truth have split as a tag team. Truth almost was turned heel but now he may be teamed up with Brodus Clay. Meanwhile, Kingston is being groomed for an Intercontinental Championship reign. I still think if they weren't so heel-heavy in WWE right now, Kofi would benefit from a heel turn just the same as Jack Swagger should come back a babyface.
- CM Punk had an incident with a fan in the crowd on Raw. A fan put his hands on Punk, who hit someone else in reaction, thinking it was that person. It seemed like this would blow up into a huge thing but it doesn't appear as though the man is going to press charges.
- WWE is under fire from a mother complaining about Alberto Del Rio ripping her son's sign. He's a heel, lady. If you didn't want to be a part of the program, don't go to the event with a sign. They even had Sheamus play up the babyface role by offering the kid a signed picture and meeting him, but apparently that's not good enough. Ridiculous.
- Zack Ryder said his latest show was going to suck because of WWE rejecting parts of it. It seems like once it went over to being on the WWE channel, Ryder's just complained about it. It must no longer be fun to do with all their restrictions.