What's been going on this week in the world of professional wrestling? It's time to break it down in the latest edition of SMACK TALK, my wrestling podcast and the quick notes below. Make sure to subscribe, comment on the videos and this post, and let us know your thoughts.
Watch each part below:
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9 | Part 10 | Part 11
- Don't forget to vote on the latest group of matches for the hottest divas & knockouts tournament!
- Ezekiel Jackson watched SummerSlam at Hooters, not backstage? Is he in the dog house (well, he's at Hooters)? I would think this is really weird and maybe a sign of a future release.
- Jack Swagger has apparently lost his push because of repeated marijuana failures. Tsk tsk, I don't understand the fascination with marijuana, especially if it's causing you from being at a higher point in your company.
- Tyler Reks has been released from WWE. He requested his release so he could spend more time with his daughter. For the longest time, I've been saying that they'd fire him, and that it would come at any minute. That minute lasted years. Not only was I proven wrong that whole time, but also on the terms of his release. I never expected him to be the one to initiate it. Kudos to Gabe Tuft for choosing fatherhood. Smark Out Moment wishes you the best of luck.
- Rey Mysterio's had a concussion. Now THAT countdown is a standard that you can count on - when is Rey going to be injured? The sure-fire bet is always "soon".
- Chris Masters tweeted a picture of himself holding a drink and a gun pointed to his head. He regrets it now, as people took it as a suicidal plea for help, but he didn't intend for it to be like that.
- Alex Shelley's deal with WWE is imminent? Hm..
- Iron Sheik is pissed that "the Indian", Jinder Mahal, is using the Camel Clutch. I assume the first thing he thought when he saw this was FACKIN BULLSHEET.
- Charlotte, aka Ashley Flair, could possibly be paired with Cody Rhodes? I'm all for that!
- Christian will be participating in Bound for Glory as part of his deal with TNA allowing Ric Flair to be at the Hall of Fame. I would doubt he'll be wrestling, but hopefully he does something more than just announce a video like he did the last time.
- Rumor mill says some names for the WWE Hall of Fame this year are Mick Foley, Bob Backlund, Kevin Nash, Ultimate Warrior, and JBL. That's one hell of a lineup if that's the case. The most likely out of all of them, I would think, would be Mick Foley, and as far as I'm concerned he could be the headliner or JBL could, considering his New York connections. I don't quite understand how Kevin Nash works into this, but I'm also curious as to whom they'll pick as their big star for next year's WrestleMania 30 HOF. Undertaker, perhaps? Maybe even Vince McMahon himself?