What's been going on this week in the world of professional wrestling? It's time to break it down in the latest edition of SMACK TALK, my wrestling podcast and the quick notes below. Make sure to subscribe, comment on the videos and this post, and let us know your thoughts.
Watch each part below:
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9 | Part 10 | Part 11
- Don't forget to vote on the latest group of matches for the hottest divas & knockouts tournament!
- Sofia Cortez (Ivelisse Velez) and Caylee Turner (Christina Crawford) have been released from FCW, aka NXT, aka WWE Developmental. Crawford is probably not a big loss, but I think losing Velez is a shame.
- Bob Costas at the Olympics referred to the old WWF. I guess that ban REALLY has been let go from World Wildlife Fund, am I right?
- Ryback's new theme is horrible, and apparently they did it because they want people to chant "feed me more". I get the idea, just the beginning of that song is so horrible that I can't chant along with it.
- CM Punk refers to TNA as an indy league. Kurt Angle gets seriously pissed off and challenges Punk to a fight on Twitter and so forth. Kurt Angle + Booze + Twitter = gold.
- WWE has a meeting supposedly where they ask the employees to address their concerns and nobody speaks up. Tough to do it when you think you'll be fired. However, they correct a clerical error and give the talent more money from their recent check problems.
- Guillermo Rodriguez is the younger brother of Alberto Del Rio and has been signed to WWE as Memo Montenegro. I'd love to see them as tag champs, what about you?
- HHH is supposedly high on Michael McGillicutty and Drew McIntyre, but not the divas division, and wants to rebuild the tag team division as well. I'm all for this, although I'm not sure that McGillicutty has anything going for him without a COMPLETE overhaul of his character and name and such.