- Macho Man Randy Savage passed away this week. You can read about it here.
- No more Bragging Rights? Bullshit. They're either going with "Uprising" or "Vengeance" for the new name.
- Bischoff and Hogan are behind the transition from TNA to Impact Wrestling. I'm all for it, which is weird, considering how I absolutely love puns and try to incorporate them in everything. Hell, look at the title of this segment. TNA, though, just doesn't sound like a wrestling company. I still think it's kind of taking a hit when you consider how they now have to rebrand everything and start over, so it's risky, but in theory I like the name "Impact Wrestling" a little more than "Total Nonstop Action Wrestling".
- But speaking about TNA changing things, it appears as now they're going to have the Xplosion Championship. What is it with TNA and changing their titles around? They might as well have this replace the TV title and follow suit, seeing as how that was the Global title and the Legends title before that, but aren't people going to be a little confused between the X-Division title and Xplosion title? For the life of me, I don't know why they don't just call it a midcard "International/National Championship" and be done with it. I also think the X-Division should just be called the Lightweight division. If they're worried about people not knowing that TNA means wrestling, wouldn't it make more sense to replace that name as well? People know what a lightweight title means, but no non-TNA viewer knows that an X-Division is.
- TNA has put billboards up in Connecticut - you know, around WWE HQ. Yeah, that makes sense.
Tony Mango is the head writer, host of Smack Talk, and founder/CEO/director of operations for Smark Out Moment as well as all branches under A Mango Tree including Fanboys Anonymous. He is a writer, creative director/consultant, media manager and entertainer. You can follow him on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.