What's gone on this past week in wrestling?
- Michael Cole got in trouble for calling Josh Mathews a faggot on Twitter. Now they're going through the whole GLAAD apology stuff. As I said before, get over it guys. It isn't like he said he hated homosexuals or something. People are way too sensitive nowadays. Plus, you know that none of this is going anywhere and everyone is still going to say "dude you're so gay" as an insult to straight men after this. But here's the catch - you can say that stuff and still be supportive of gay rights. I crack homosexual jokes all the time. You know what else? I've never wavered on my position that the idea of gays being allowed to marry shouldn't even be an issue - there's absolutely no reason why they shouldn't in my mind. I honestly think all of these groups (and it isn't just GLAAD for homosexuals because there are groups that do it for every ethnicity or distinction of people, hell even PETA) just like to hound on celebrities because it gets them more publicity, which is a fucking shame.
- The Legion of Doom will be inducted into the HOF. Good news. They deserve it.
- Jerry Lawler said they won't be lifting the piledriver ban for WrestleMania. :(
- Sin Cara is going to be making his debut the Raw after WrestleMania. They're really trying to stack that show - which could both be a good thing and a bad thing, considering how they do the week afterward.
- There will apparently be over 30 kids at WrestleMania that are a part of the Make-A-Wish Foundation. That's great to hear. Say what you want about WWE when it comes to GLAAD and all that other crap, they do a lot for Make-A-Wish, as they should. Just don't show the kids Snooki, that might scare them.
- Zack Ryder is going to be filming for his YouTube show at WrestleMania. Another great set of news. I watched a little bit of it and I think he's pretty funny. I've always been a fan of Ryder, so it's good to see him be able to do something. Hopefully, this lets him be overlooked by the upcoming round of releases. I want to see him pushed.
- WWE has released Finlay. Apparently, he had booked the Miz to interrupt the National Anthem, and it was deemed too offensive so they fired him. I can kind of see why, to an extent...but I think the bigger question is why would the Miz be booked for that? When they did angles with Slaughter as an Iraqi or with Hassan or something, then it would make sense, but the Miz character isn't anti-America, he's just a douche. I don't know why the decision was made in the first place to have the idea, let alone to go along with it and actually do it.
- WWE might be throwing Drew McIntyre vs Kofi Kingston on the WrestleMania card just for the sake of getting them on there. Here's a thought....how about you do some foresight and think about spots for people before you lose track of them in the first place?
- Dixie Carter's Twitter account was suspended for claiming that it was a verified account while it wasn't. Sounds like the normal setup: TNA promises something and then they're found out to be lying about it and it backfires haha.
- Speaking of social media mishaps with TNA, supposedly Matt Hardy had a video up on YouTube that sparked a little controversy before he removed it. I didn't get a chance to see it, so I can't comment on it, really. I'm just passing the information along.
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THESE TOPICS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW